If you have a passion for fitness and want to make it into a career, Bryan University has the perfect exercise science program for you with our Exercise Specialist Associate Degree! We’re here today to tell you more about what you can expect with an associate degree in exercise science, including what you can do, what the job outlook is like, and more!
Become a Fitness Trainer
As a fitness trainer or instructor, you will have the opportunity to assist and instruct individuals or groups in exercise activities and help them take corrective measures to improve their skills. You can work with clients of all ages and abilities, so this career path is flexible by nature. Take a look at some facts about a Fitness Trainer career from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Median industry pay in 2018 – $39,820
- Projected industry growth from 2016-26 – 10% (Faster than average)
Types of Fitness Trainers
You have the option to specialize in a number of different areas depending on your interest and expertise. Some specializations even require extra training or certifications. Here are some of the most common types of fitness trainers:
- Personal Fitness Trainers work with one or more clients to assess their physical fitness and help them reach their fitness goals.
- Group Fitness Instructors lead group exercise classes such as aerobic exercise, stretching, muscle conditioning, or meditation.
- Specialized Fitness Instructors teach classes such as pilates or yoga. These instructors typically demonstrate moves and then correct their students accordingly.
- Fitness Directors oversee aspects of a gym or health club related to fitness and handle administrative duties.
Advance Your Career
With an Exercise Specialist Associate Degree, you have the option to advance your career and continue your education in a number of ways! From our program you have the option to pursue a fulfilling career as a fitness trainer or go on to earn a bachelor’s degree in fields like exercise science, physical education, kinesiology, Allied Health, and much more!
Our program also will prepare you for the next step in advancing your career in massage therapy, athletic coaching, or recreation work. You can even go on to earn specialized certifications in courses like yoga. Your future is waiting for you, and Bryan University is here to help you get there!
Exercise Science at Bryan University
If you think that a career in exercise science is right for you, get started with our Exercise Science Associate Degree at Bryan University! We offer a variety of career-focused, straight-forward programs to our students without all the extra fluff! Here, you only take the classes you need to succeed in your field. Enroll Online now or call us at 417-862-5700 to speak with a representative about exercise science or any of the many programs we offer!
Related Post: Courses – School of Health & Wellness