Bryan University offers 100% online classes in six different program areas. Our career-focused programs let you jumpstart your professional life. In today’s blog from Bryan University, we offer advice to help you stay healthy for online classes during cold and flu season.
Related Post: Healthy Habits to Observe When Adding Online Classes to an Already Busy Schedule
Consider Getting a Flu Vaccine
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control says getting the seasonal flu vaccine reduces the chances of getting the flu by 40 to 60 percent. Flu season typically peaks between December and February. Getting the vaccine sooner rather than later may help keep you from getting sick during flu season. Make an appointment to get a flu shot with your doctor or a flu shot provider.
Limit Contact With Others
Stay home more often and limit contact with others if you can. This is especially true if you’re sick. Of course, cover your mouth and nose in public places per local guidelines. Limiting contact with others can prevent the spread of germs, so make sure you observe social distancing rules.
Avoid These Things
Avoid these things during winter months for better health:
- Touching your nose, mouth, and eyes with your hands. Use a cloth, tissue, or paper towel instead.
- Unnecessary travel.
- Large groups of people not practicing social distancing.
- Sharing objects, such as phones, computers, mobile devices.
- Stressful situations. Find time to relax as much as you can by doing things that make you feel happy.
Participate in Wellness Activities
Protect your health and wellness by participating in wellness activities this winter.
- Eat healthier. Get more vegetables and healthy carbs.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise doesn’t have to be strenuous. Just a 20-minute walk per day may be enough to maintain your current level of health.
- Get enough sleep every night. It’s hard to concentrate on online classes, work, helping your kids, and daily activities if you don’t get enough sleep.
Wash Your Hands Frequently
Wash your hands frequently, especially after handling high-touch surfaces like your laptop or mobile device. If you can’t wash your hands, use hand sanitizer to kill germs on your hands.
Related Post: How to Stay Motivated When Taking Online Classes
Online Classes Via Bryan University
Bryan University offers 100% online classes on a wide range of topics. Call Bryan University toll-free at 1-855-862-0755 or enroll now to find out more!
I really am anxious to get a degree, certificate. I have been working as a healthcare provider for 20 years and have no license. I would be honored to show myself that I am worthy enough to have a certification.