Credit Transfers to Other Colleges
The transferability of credits you earn at Bryan University is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you seek to transfer. Acceptance of the diploma or degree you earn in our programs is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the credits, diploma or degree that you earn at this University are not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this university will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending Bryan University to determine if your credits, diploma or degree will transfer.
You should assume your credits are not transferable to any other institution unless we have a written transfer agreement with that institution or that institution has given you a written commitment in advance. Bryan University does not and cannot make any representation whatsoever regarding transfer of acceptance of our credits to any other institution.
Degrees and/or Diplomas awarded at Bryan University are not specifically designed to transfer to other colleges; however, some colleges may accept credit for individual courses completed in these programs. In all cases, it is the responsibility of the student to inquire about the policies and procedures for transfer of credit at the receiving institution. Bryan University will assist by providing documentation, when requested by the receiving institution, of student grades earned.
Credit Transfers from Other Postsecondary Educational Institutions
Bryan University considers credits for transfer from postsecondary educational institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, or if a student can demonstrate equivalency of a course from a comparable foreign institution. Credits are considered for transfer provided that:
- the courses are similar in objectives and content to the course offered by Bryan University
- the course can be applied toward graduation requirements of the program the student wishes to enroll in
- the letter grade (or equivalent) for the course is a “C” or better
- the official transcript is on file showing the completed grade and, if requested, the course description
- the credits have been earned within the last five (5) years
- an official transcript translation and evaluation from a member of the Association of International Credentials Evaluators (AICE) or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) is on file showing the completed course, grade and comparability to an equivalent course at Bryan University
- all steps are completed prior to beginning a program of study to ensure timely and accurate academic and financial processing
Students receiving transfer credits will not be charged tuition for the course(s) they are transferring; however, a transfer fee will be charged (fees are outlined in the catalog supplement).
Students may transfer no more than 50% of the total credits required for the completion of a Bryan University Diploma, Associate, or Bachelor degree program. A minimum of 42 credits required in the program of study must be earned through the Bryan University Master of Business Administration program; students may transfer in up to but not more than 14 of the 56 credits required for the program. Any credits transferred (recorded as “TC” grades) are counted towards the maximum time frame and program completion but not cumulative GPA calculations.